Sunday, September 7, 2014

Netherlands: Jew attacked during interview about antisemitism


Fabrice Schomberg, a Jewish resident of the Hague, was attacked while being interviewed about previous antisemitic incidents.

He tells his story here:
Yesterday the EO 3onderzoekt program on NED3 filmed me walking from my home in Schilderswijk, Den Haag to the Haagse Markt to buy groceries for the Kiddush, the evening Shabbat meal. 
It has been a while since I have been walking around with a kippah in the neighbourhood, since in the past I have been pestered a few times and I am no longer as religious as I was so I don’t wear it in the street anymore. However the television crew interviewed a few people that said that there is no problem in the neighbourhood and I said that I can get harassed if I walk with a Kippah, so to prove my point, the television crew wanted me to walk with my kipa on to the Market, so I did, a few seconds after walking out of the hofje of which I live in we hear kankerjood (cancer Jew) [ed: f**king Jew] from a group of youngsters, it seems they followed us to another square on the way to the market and shouted more things like this and one guy drove his scooter on the pavement and tried to run me down and kick me, I had to move away from him and it was filmed by the television crew, so when I came back I called the police, they came over and today I'll be filing a complaint.

No comments :

Post a Comment