Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Poland: Judge hopes to acquit author of anti-Jewish book

"How I Fell In Love with Adolf Hitler"
Proceedings in the trial of Roman Z. began in Wroclaw on Wednesday. He is a recognized thug, known for his unruly behavior in soccer stadiums. However, this time he is facing charges not for disturbing the peace, but for writing a book called “How I Fell in Love with Adolf Hitler.” 
Yet despite the fact that this work is replete with anti-Semitic expressions and disparaging comments about homosexuals, blacks and anyone who is not a pure Polish Catholic, and despite the fact that the prosecution is charging him with dissemination of fascist propaganda and hatred of foreigners, the presiding judge, according to the newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza, noted at the outset that he will try to acquit him. The judge, according to the newspaper, will try to base his decision on the testimony of a linguistic expert who read the text and did not reach an unequivocal conclusion. 
The book is published online. The back cover shows Z. in Nazi uniform, along with his credo: “I am a declared anti-Semite, at least from the moment I met my Jewish acquaintances. I support race theories ever since I crossed my country’s borders. Before that I didn’t.” 
(...) 
In chapters labeled “Poland is not lost as long as there are no blacks and Arabs here,” and “The Jew, an enemy of Poles,” Z. freely expresses his xenophobia. The issue of Jews constantly recurs. He claims that the ‘Jewish problem’ exists but is concealed by the government. He exonerates the farmers of Jedwabne who burned their Jewish neighbors and stole their possessions during the war, and questions the contention that 6 million Jews were killed in Auschwitz.

More: Haaretz, h/t CFCA

No comments :

Post a Comment